Friday, June 28, 2019

Where Do I begin



So, It's been several years since I've put out any type of blog or vlog. A lot has happened over the past couple of years. Derrick and I went from being just the two of us to three, then back to two again, to three,  to two, and now we're back to three LOL. I'll explain...

Before I go into that, let me quickly introduce myself...

I'm Tammia, I'm a 34-year old mommy to 3 babies. Two of those 3 are in heaven. I have a genetic disorder called Spinal Muscular Atrophy. I do use a wheelchair 😊.  My partner and I have been together for 11 years and we have a sweet but very sassy one-year-old little girl. 

Okay, on with my birth story lol.

Back in 2015, I became pregnant with our first child. Of course, we were so very excited. We did the usual, made plans, prepared to buy all the baby essentials we needed. Even though I was in the early stages of pregnancy, I wanted my family to know we were pregnant. The news wasn't taken so well, I guess because of the fact that I have a disability and need assistance with taking care of myself, so "HELL, WHY BRING A BABY INTO THE WORLD WHEN YOU CAN'T TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF?" is the question I was asked. I say because I'm a woman, I have dreams and I'm not letting some shitty genetic disorder take that dream away from me. Just because I'm disabled doesn't mean I can't love and care for a child. Anywho! At I believe 10 weeks I miscarried our first child. I was so devastated because that was my first baby and I lost him/her. I'm not gonna lie, but I was pretty depressed but I got through it and I continued on.

I actually posted a vlog on Youtube about my miscarriage. I'll post it below




If you would like to read Ariels' story, Stick around and check out my next blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Where Do I begin

So, It's been several years since I've put out any type of blog or vlog. A lot has happened over the past couple of years. Derrick...